Hereafter, “We” refers to Solos Hair & Beauty Ltd.
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we will use information we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
This website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will you collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of our services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text us, vote, create an account using our online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable us (and where applicable our contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information.
When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
How will you use the information you collect about me?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for;
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to personalise the way content is presented to you;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on our websites; and
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
When will you contact me?
We may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
Will you share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies)
How long will you keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you cancel your registration and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while we cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted.
Can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Cookies Policy – Information we collect from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On our website, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly they may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our offers pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight offers on your second and subsequent visits.
c. Third Party Cookies on our pages
Please note that during your visits to this website you may notice some cookies that are not related to Solos Hair & Beauty. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.